Infusion Pharmacist Supervisor
New York NY
Title: Infusion Pharmacist Supervisor
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Allied Health
Description: Hiring an Infusion Pharmacist Supervisor for a home infusion pharmacy organization that is part of a top teaching hospital in New York City. The Infusion Pharmacist Supervisor will dispense and deliver medicated solutions, drugs, and ancillary supplies for infusion therapies. The staff of qualified and experienced clinical pharmacists provide on-going monitoring of home infusion patients. The Infusion Pharmacist Supervisor will work closely with private physicians, nursing agencies and other clinicians to insure the highest quality of care for their patients.
- Prepare and dispense drugs, chemicals, controlled substances and sterile drug products for administration to patients.
- Monitor patient drug therapies; provide drug information to company and health care agency professional staff and patients.
- Participate in clinical and educational activities and streamline all other functions related to the timely delivery of pharmaceuticals and supplies to clients.
- Assist the Managing Pharmacist in coordinating and performing internal programs relating to compounding, dispensing, inventory control and education.
- Aid in developing new programs for the improvement of pharmacy services
- Accept referrals from physicians, healthcare professionals, hospital discharge planners
- Prepare assessments, reassessments, and collaborative care plans for patients
- Monitor patient’s overall progress including lab data, medication regimen, food-drug and drug-drug interactions or contraindications and adverse drug relations
- Prepare and dispense drug products; ensure dispensing procedures of controlled drugs are maintained;
- Prepare and dispense IV admixtures, Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) solutions, and miscellaneous sterile products using proper aseptic technique with a laminar flow hood.
- Organize and prioritize daily compounding activities. Utilize supportive personnel including pharmacy technicians to assist in medication dispensing functions
- Oversee the picking of pharmaceutical supplies and review and check packed orders prior to delivery.
- Monitor levels of drugs and supplies to ensure that adequate levels are maintained
- Ensure that legally required records and logs books are kept
- Participate in orienting, training and providing guidance to technical staff
- Maintain scheduled on-call coverage.
- Graduate from a 5-year program of an approved College of Pharmacy.
- Current NYS registration as a licensed pharmacist.
- Minimum 1 year hospital pharmacy experience; home care or infusion company experience preferred. Must be experienced in intravenous admixtures/compounding.
- Understanding of 503b regulations
- Good oral and written communication skills. Good interpersonal skills. Basic data entry skills.