ICU Registered Nurse (RN)
Fairfield County, CT
Title: ICU Registered Nurse (RN)
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring an ICU Registered Nurse (RN) for a non-for-profit community teaching hospital in Connecticut. The ICU Registered Nurse (RN) will coordinate and deliver patient care utilizing the Nursing Process and following all established standards of practice within State and Federal guidelines. The ICU Registered Nurse (RN) will provide supervision of non-RN personnel and act as a resource for ancillary staff on assigned unit. The ICU Registered Nurse (RN) will supervise unit activities when assigned to charge or clinical coordinator role.
- Obtains ACLS by end of first year if employee is not currently certified in this area.
- Understands dysrhythmia monitoring techniques including basic dysrhythmia interpretation and treatment
- Performs drug dosage calculation, continuous medication infusion administration, and monitors patient reactions for medication effects (i.e., non-titrated vasoactive agents, platelet inhibitors, anti-arrhythmic agents, and insulin)
- Performs patient monitoring using standardized procedures for pre, intra, and post procedures cardioversion, TEE, cardiac catheterization with PCI, bronchoscopy, chest tube)
- Performs hemodynamic monitoring including equipment setup and troubleshooting, monitoring and recognition of signs and symptoms of patient instability
- Obtains/Interprets hemodynamic measurements including Central Venous Pressure (CVP), Arterial Pressure (MAP), PA Pressure, PCW Pressure, Cardiac Output (thermodilution)and SVO2
- Assists with insertion and setup (when appropriate) for Arterial Lines, Central Venous Catheters, Pulmonary Artery Catheters, Pericardiocentesis, placement of External Pacemakers, Intra-Aortic Balloon (IABP), Bronchoscopies, Chest Tubes, Intubations, Tracheotomies, Upper and Lower GI scopes
- Recognizes the signs and symptoms of cardiopulmonary emergencies and initiates standardized interventions to stabilize the patients requiring non-invasive O2 systems
- Assesses the ventilated patient to assure delivery of the prescribed treatment and response
- Assesses and understands long term mechanical ventilation and weaning
- Assesses, monitors and manages patients requiring renal therapeutic interventions
- Obtains and maintains clinical and functional knowledge of equipment used in ICU
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Valid license as Registered Nurse in Connecticut.
- BSN strongly preferred.
- BLS certification required.
- Maintain minimum of 6 contact hours annually.