Human Resource Manager, Faculty Practice Group
New York NY
Title: Human Resource Manager
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Administrative/Operations
Description: Hiring a Human Resource Manager for a top academic medical center. The Human Resource Manager will deliver strategic HR expertise, coordinate and manage various HR site relation initiatives occurring within departments and foster relationships with staff. The Human Resource Manager will assist in advising, coaching and counseling employees on relevant HR issues and educate departments on HR processes and procedures. The Human Resource Manager will link and execute site HR policies and procedures supporting the HR strategies.
- Foster relationships with department heads to ensure HR related matters are addressed in a satisfactory manner, counseling on employee issues and interpreting HR policies and procedures
- Link and execute site HR policies and procedures supporting the HR strategies
- Guide employees on all inquiries related to compensation, benefits and payroll, labor relations and to EAP for work life balance related inquiries
- Coordinate site employee activities such as dinners, blood drives, picnics etc.
- Build and maintain productive inter/intra departmental work relationships to optimize operations
- Recommend, implement and direct procedural improvement within the department to effectively serve client base
- Ensure HR initiatives are effectively communicated to departments
- Oversee compliance with Compliance Department, TJC, and Performance Management
- Track department’s HR metrics
- Work with HR Business Partner, LR managers and employees on employee relation’s issues
- Advise department heads in the development of employees to close skill gaps
- Facilitate the succession planning processes within site departments with a focus on achieving diversity and creating developmental plans for a high performing, productive staff
- Master's Degree required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years progressively responsible experience in Human Resources required.
- Strong union and employee relations experience.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and computer skills required.