Staten Island, NY
Location: Staten Island, NY
Occupational Category: Physicians
Description: Hiring a Hospitalist for a full-service teaching community health system on Staten Island, NY. The Hospitalist will support the Hospitalist Service Program. The team of professionals work together to offer an integrated system of care that ensures collaboration among all the patient?s medical providers.
- Full Time
- Inpatient and ICU coverage
- Vacation coverage
- Caring for a panel of patients who are admitted without their own physician or whose physicians refer their patients to the Hospitalist Service Program.
- Teaching and supervising residents who care for patients on the teaching service
- Supervising nurse practitioners in the care of patients on the non-teaching service.
- Participating in activities designed to grow the hospitalist concept and the hospitalist volume, increase efficiency, and improve quality.
- Active hospital citizenship including participation in quality studies, committee assignments, and completion of charts and forms.
- Primary responsibility for patients assigned by the triage individual to observation status.
- Provide admission in-hospital, and discharge care and documentation
- Completion of an accredited Internal Medicine or Family Medicine residency
- MD or DO
- Board eligible or board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- License to practice medicine in NYS
- New York State Medical License