Hospital Social Worker
New York, NY
Title: Hospital Social Worker
Location: New York, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring a Hospital Social Worker for a private health advisory organization dedicated to providing individuals and organizations solutions and access to a better health care experience. This role is perfect for an allied health professional looking to move up into an administrative position. The Hospital Social Worker will provide high-touch customer service to the organization's members, building strong relationships while helping them to navigate the healthcare system in order to receive the best and most expeditious healthcare available. The Hospital Social Worker will coordinate all aspects of the member's healthcare, including a collection of medical records, scheduling appointments, and facilitating second opinions with top physicians. Work together with Medical Directors, researchers and advisors to provide the individuals with the latest information on medical conditions, treatments, clinical trials.
- Provide competent, efficient and caring services to members and their families
- Develop and maintain close relationships with members through initial orientation, assisting with health care needs, proactive communication, participation in call schedule once a month to provide 24/7 coverage
- Develop and maintain relationships with physicians and hospital staff
- Work with Medical Directors and Research department to obtain options for healthcare treatment, physicians and facilities
- Schedule healthcare appointments and coordinate administrative functions
- Assist member w/travel arrangements, cultural needs and accompany to appointments when necessary
- This is a full time Monday through Friday position. Non-clinical on-call rotation every 4 months.
- Telecommuting up to 3 days per week allowed after 2-4 month training period.
- MSW or related background preferred
- At least 5-7 years in clinical medicine or case management
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite, CRM database systems, and Internet required
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, English fluency a must
- Excellent time-management skills, agility in multi-tasking, decisiveness, bias towards action and proactive approach to medical needs of members