Hospice Nurse (RN)
New Jersey, NJ
Title: Hospice Nurse (RN)
Location: New Jersey, NJ
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Our client, a home-based palliative care practice, is seeking to hire a Hospice Nurse (RN).
- Provide or assist in daily living activities; personal hygiene, grooming, mouth, skin care and nails.
- Assist with the prescribed exercise and range of motion activities.
- Perform light housekeeping of individual's personal unit or room, including changing of bed linen, if needed and patient laundry.
- Feed and assist with meals.
- Examine temperature, pulse, and respiration.
- Assist in toileting; positioning and transfer activities, frequent turning and positioning of a bed bound resident/patient.
- Document any changes in resident's/patient's condition and, if in a facility, report to the facility nurse.
- Ensure patients take their medication on schedule, in compliance with regulations of appropriate regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- Valid NJ RN license.
- Hospice experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel is mandatory; valid driver?s license, valid car insurance, reliable transportation.