Grants Administrator for a Basic Science Department
New York NY
Title: Grants Administrator for a Basic Science Department
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Finance
Description: Hiring a Grants Administrator for a Basic Science Department within a top medical school in Greater New York City. The Grants Administrator for a Basic Science Department will assist PI’s with all post-award management, monitoring and reporting responsibilities.
- Utilize Cayuse database to submit NIH federal grants and other OPAS materials.
- Utilize other databases to submit non-federal grants
- Assist with preparation and processing re-budgeting to match with Notice of Awards.
- Assist with preparation and processing of revised budgets to obtain internal index numbers.
- Electronically file all Notices of Awards.
- Work with PI’s and project sponsors to ensure compliance and process all JIT requests, supplemental materials, and other requested documents.
- Prepare budgets and manage all aspects of subcontracts with external institutions.
- Assist PI’s and process all department’s annual progress reports and close-out reports
- Assist PI’s with eRA Commons system in the role of PI and ASST
- Assist PI’s with support page preparation requirements to comply with NIH regulations
- Ensure that all aspects of the internal processes are met.
- Assist PI’s with PMCID requirements via My NCBI.
- Assist Chair with his EndNote database to be utilized for progress reports.
- Collaborate with PPG Project Leaders and Core Directors on PPG financial matters
- Prepare and process salary source transactions (ePAF) and other budget modifications (LRDs)
- Monitor and reconcile budgets to ensure general compliance
- Review and verify effort certification for designated PI’s and their lab members.
- Furnish designated PI’s regularly with grant expenditure reports.
- Handle all grant related matters and monitor them through conclusion.
- BA/BS in business administration or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years prior related experience in the pre- and/or post award function.
- Experience in grant and contract financial management in a research environment
- Broad understanding of principles of financial management necessary to ensure the appropriate stewardship of university resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and ability to make independent decisions and effectively communicate decisions and rationale to department management.
- Strong organizational abilities required.
- Demonstrated ability to balance workload for Principal Investigators
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and windows-based computer system required.
- Adept at learning new software programs.