Gastroenterology Nurse Practitioner
Long Island NY
Title: Gastroenterology Nurse Practitioner
Location: Long Island, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring a Gastroenterology Nurse Practitioner for a large physician led outpatient medical office in Long Island, NY. The Gastroenterology Nurse Practitioner will provide medical services in collaboration with its gastroenterology physicians.
- Obtains and documents patient history as appropriate
- Conducts relevant physical exam and evaluates patient
- Prescribes medication
- Orders appropriate laboratory, radiological and special examinations or tests
- Provides preventative health services, including health education and counseling.
- Collaborates with other clinicians and staff members to ensure continuity of care
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner education program registered by the New York State Education Department.
- At least one year of experience as Nurse Practitioner
- Current Certification as a Nurse Practitioner from a New York State approved accrediting body (ANCC) or be eligible for board certification.
- Current and unrestricted licensed Nurse Practitioner by the New York State Department of Education or be eligible for licensure.
- Must possess Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration or be eligible for registration.
- Must possess Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment or be eligible to enroll.
- Experience working with diverse populations in an ambulatory healthcare setting.
- Must possess strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and Microsoft Office.