Long Island, NY
Location: Long Island, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Hiring a Gastroenterologist for a multi-site Physician-led organization. This thriving outpatient organization is based in the New York Metropolitan Area. The Gastroenterologist will provide services including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance.
- Examine and treat disorders and diseases of the nutritional problems and malabsorption, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) a host of other disease conditions colon and bowel cancers, including pancreatitis and pancreatic cancers.
- Review patient?s history and perform physical examinations. Evaluate, diagnose and provide appropriate treatment and patient care.
- Recommend suitable management for the patient, including but not limited to, preventive health recommendations and habits.
- Prescribe medications and formulate ongoing treatment and disease management plans.
- Provide relationship-centered care
- Collect and record patient information, such as medical histories, reports and examination results. Maintain complete and accurate medical records.
- Communicate effectively with the clinical team to ensure total delivery of quality care.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or foreign equivalent
- Completion of four year post graduate medical training from an accredited residency program in area of practice and three years of gastroenterology fellowship training
- Hold accreditation from the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Gastroenterological Association, and the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Board Eligible/Board Certified in Gastroenterology
- Must possess current, unrestricted New York State license or be eligible for licensure
- Must possess active DEA registration or be eligible for registration
- Must possess active Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment or be eligible to enroll
- BLS or ACLS certification required but both strongly preferred
- Seeking both experienced and newly trained providers
- Must possess strong communication skills both oral and written
- Comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and Microsoft Office