Fairfield County CT
Title: Finance Manager
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Occupational Category: Finance
Description: Hiring a Finance Manager for a non-for-profit community hospital in Connecticut. The Finance Manager is responsible for budgeting, financial reporting, financial analysis including new practice proforma work and other special finance projects. The Finance Manager will also have oversight of physician compensation including productivity monitoring, physician contract oversight and monitoring and compensation modeling.
- Responsible for budget development and financial reporting at the enterprise and cost center levels.
- Responsible for evaluating and improving the budget processes and related tools.
- Oversight of physician compensation and contracting. Responsibility includes overseeing the incentive compensation calculations.
- Assist in the development and continually refine working the financial dashboard for practice managers, directors, executive leadership and SHMG Board of Directors.
- Oversight of Finance Team with development and maintenance of data collection, analysis, and reporting of internal data and external market and environmental data, accuracy and integrity of data and analysis.
- Perform customized financial analysis for new operational projects or issues as well as continued monitoring after the project is implemented.
- Perform required due diligence and generate business plans for practice acquisitions and physician recruitment to assist leadership in making sound business decisions.
- Coordinates with and provides support to operational managers on matters pertaining to operational analysis, expense management and resource allocation.
- Identify and report on undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action.
- Take a lead role in analyzing and exploring means to reduce operating costs and increase revenues.
- Recruit, train, mentor, supervise and evaluates staff while building an effective team dynamic.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 10 years accounting or finance experience with at least 5 years supervisory experience- healthcare experience a plus
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Experience working with general ledger (GL) systems, preferably Meditech or other similar major GL systems