Family Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Title: Family Nurse Practitioner
Location: Manhattan, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring a Family Nurse Practitioner for a large physician led outpatient medical office in New York City. The Family Nurse Practitioner to provide medical services in collaboration with its primary care physicians. The Family Nurse Practitioner will provide high quality patient care and a full scope of primary care services including diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance.
- Obtains and documents patient history as appropriate
- Conducts relevant physical exam and evaluates patient, documenting pertinent positive and negative findings.
- Diagnoses and treats disease and manages chronic illness.
- Prescribes medication in accordance with New York State and federal law.
- Orders appropriate laboratory, radiological and special examinations or tests; interprets results.
- Provides preventative health services, including health education and counseling.
- Collaborates with other clinicians and staff members to ensure continuity of care
- Bachelor?s Degree required, Master?s Degree preferred.
- Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner education program registered by the New York State Education Department.
- At least one year of experience as a Nurse Practitioner
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner from a New York State approved accrediting body (ANCC) or be eligible for board certification.
- Current and unrestricted licensed Nurse Practitioner by the New York State Department of Education or be eligible for licensure.
- Must possess Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration or be eligible for registration.
- Must possess Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment or be eligible to enroll.
- Experience working with diverse populations in an ambulatory healthcare setting.
- Must possess strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and Microsoft Office.