Family Nurse Practitioner
Title: Family Nurse Practitioner
Location: Queens, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring a Family Nurse Practitioner for a well-respected community-based healthcare center with branches throughout New York City. These centers offer quality healthcare services for the whole family. They are deeply committed to the patients and communities served. The Family Nurse Practitioner will join a team dedicated to providing quality, culturally-competent and comprehensive community-based primary care, mental health and social services for diverse populations in underserved communities throughout New York City.
Responsibilities of the Family Nurse Practitioner include:
- Obtains, reviews and evaluates a patient?s medical and psychosocial history.
- Performs complete comprehensive physical examination.
- Performs screening procedures
- Facilitates related services for health center patients with respect confidentiality
- Performs routine interim physical examinations on patients that are risk specific
- Evaluates individual patients and prescribes appropriate medications, treatments, referrals
- Provides continuous care to patients and management of common and important clinical problems encountered in a primary care setting.
- Consults with physicians
- Makes referrals to appropriate sources for medical and social problems.
- Participates in patient education and counseling services, especially about family planning, STD?S/HIV, preventive health and nutrition.
- Interprets laboratory data. Reviews and initials all lab reports; orders additional lab tests and referrals or follows up as indicated.
- Current NYS license as Nurse Practitioner
- 2+ years of experience as Nurse Practitioner, preferably in a family practice clinic setting
- Pediatric and Adolescent experience preferred