Family Nurse Practitioner
New York, NY
Title: Family Nurse Practitioner
Location: New York, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Our client, a network of Family Health Centers with locations throughout New York City, is currently seeking to hire a Family Nurse Practitioner to provide medical services in collaboration with its primary care physicians. Provide high quality patient care and a full scope of primary care services including diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance.
- Obtains and documents patient history as appropriate
- Conducts relevant physical exam and evaluates patient, documenting pertinent positive and negative findings.
- Diagnoses and treats disease and manages chronic illness.
- Prescribes medication in accordance with New York State and federal law.
- Orders appropriate laboratory, radiological and special examinations or tests; interprets results.
- Provides preventative health services, including health education and counseling.
- Collaborates with other clinicians and staff members to ensure continuity of care
- Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner education program registered by the New York State Education Department.
- At least one year of experience as a Nurse Practitioner
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner from a New York State approved accrediting body (ANCC) or be eligible for board certification.
- Current and unrestricted licensed Nurse Practitioner by the New York State Department of Education or be eligible for licensure.
- Must possess Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration or be eligible for registration.
- Must possess Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment or be eligible to enroll.
- Experience working with diverse populations in an ambulatory healthcare setting.
- Must possess strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and Microsoft Office.