Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Hudson Valley NY
Title: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner for a Federally-Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC) Network. The organization is a mission-driven health organization committed to high quality, affordable health care for all. Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is responsible for diagnostic interviews, medication management and therapy to patients as well as consultation to physicians, social workers and other staff members.
- Conducts a structured clinical interview on all new patients.
- Provides comprehensive psychiatric care, including diagnostic interviews, medication, medication reviews, and therapy to patients
- Documents all patient care in electronic medical record and closes all encounters within 24 hours.
- Participates in CQI projects and efforts for Psychiatry providers.
- Provides consultation to primary care providers and residents.
- Provides supervision and guidance to psychosocial staff members and students.
- Assists Director of Psychiatry with other administrative tasks as requested or required.
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings, weekly team meetings and weekly case conference meetings as requested or required.
- Facilitates ongoing chart reviews to ensure quality indicators are met
- Assists with quality assurance activities for the program, department, and agency
- Submits reports, as requested and ensures compliance with funder requirements
- Conducts educational sessions for mental health clinicians, social services staff, outside agencies and primary care providers.
- Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN) or Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) required
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program with Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Current NY state medical license and DEA registration
- ANCC Certification Required
- Experience and interest in working with developmental disabilities in children and adults
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle multiple assignments at any time
- Ability to generate, interpret and analyze data from multiple sources
- Bi-lingual, English/ Spanish preferred.