Family Nurse Practitioner, Mobile Van
New York NY
Title: Family Nurse Practitioner, Mobile Van
Location: Manhattan, NY 10001
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring a Family Nurse Practitioner, Mobile Van, for a community-based Healthcare Center (FQHC). The Family Nurse Practitioner, Mobile Van will provide coordinated, comprehensive and continuous primary medical services to patients.
- Obtains, reviews and evaluates a patient’s medical and psychosocial history.
- Performs complete comprehensive physical examination.
- Performs screening procedures: Pap Smears, GC cultures, Chlamydia tests and Wet preps.
- Facilitates related services for health center patients with respect to confidentiality
- Performs routine interim physical examinations on patients that are risk specific, and as outlined in the agency’s Medical Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Evaluates individual patients and prescribes appropriate medications, treatments, referrals as indicated in the Policies & Procedures Manual and/or is consistent with current standards of care.
- Provides continuous care to patients and management of common and important clinical problems encountered in a primary care setting.
- Consults with physician(s) regarding problems not encountered in the standing orders (Policies & Procedures Manual) or as necessary.
- Makes referrals to appropriate sources/consultants for medical and/or social problems.
- Participates in patient education and counseling services, especially about family planning, STD’S/HIV, preventive health and nutrition.
- Interprets laboratory data. Reviews and initials all lab reports; orders appropriate / additional lab tests and referrals or follows up as indicated.
- Participates in in-service education and other training programs.
- Current NYS license as Nurse Practitioner
- 2+ years of experience as Nurse Practitioner, preferably in a family practice clinic setting
- Pediatric experience required.