Family Medicine Physician with OB (MD)
New York, NY
Title: Family Medicine Physician with OB
Location: New York, NY
Occupational Category: Physicians
Description: Our client, a Federally-Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC) Network is currently seeking to hire a Family Medicine Physician with OB. The organization is a mission-driven health organization committed to high quality, affordable health care for all. The Family Medicine Physician with OB position is an outstanding opportunity for an individual who wishes to have an impact upon the next generation of Family Physicians. The Family Medicine Physician with OB responsibilities include direct patient care, teaching and supervising residents/medical students, curriculum development, and scholarly activities.
- All family medicine physician faculty members must maintain clinical skills by providing direct patient care
- Regularly participate in clinical discussions, rounds, journal clubs, and conferences
- Demonstrate scholarship through peer ?reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer reviewed journals or chapters in textbooks, case reports or clinical series at local, regional, or national professional and scientific society meetings.
- Dedicate at least 60% of time (24 hours a week or 1200 hours per year minimum) to the program, exclusive of patient care with residents and devote majority of their professional effort to teaching, administration, scholarly activity, and patient care within program.
- Patient Care includes 3-4 sessions (12-16 hours) of patient care per week in assigned health center and Residency Education includes (24 hours) of residency program responsibilities including outpatient clinical education, participating in Inpatient call and rounding, program leadership, medical education of minimum of 1 lecture/workshop/didactic activity per month.
- Demonstrates good fundamental knowledge of established clinical practice and use of Evidence Based Medicine
- Keeps current with the medical literature
- Establishes and maintains professional, courteous, and respectful relationships with
- patients, families, colleagues and other members of the health care team
- Demonstrates an understanding and sensitivity to diversity and a responsible attitude towards his/her patients, profession and society.
- Precepts residents, medical students, and other health professional trainees as appropriate
- Participation in Residency Faculty Meetings as appropriate
- Graduate of an accredited medical school and an accredited residency program in Family Medicine
- NY State Medical License
- Board Admissible to respective specialty board
- Current BCLS
- Current DEA Certificate
- Should have performed 200+ deliveries