Family Medicine Physician
Hudson Valley NY
Title: Family Medicine Physician
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Hiring a Family Medicine Physician for a Federally-Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC) Network is currently seeking to hire a Family Medicine Physician. The Family Medicine Physician position is an outstanding opportunity for an individual who wishes to have an impact upon the next generation of Family Physicians. The Family Medicine Physician responsibilities include direct patient care (Obstetrics is optional), teaching and supervising residents/medical students, curriculum development, and scholarly activities.
- Provide direct patient care
- Regularly participate in clinical discussions, rounds, journal clubs, and conferences
- Demonstrate scholarship through peer –reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer reviewed journals or chapters in textbooks, case reports or clinical series at local, regional, or national professional and scientific society meetings.
- Dedicate at least 60% of time (24 hours a week or 1200 hours per year minimum) to the program, exclusive of patient care with residents and devote majority of their professional effort to teaching, administration, scholarly activity, and patient care within program.
- Establishes and maintains professional, courteous, and respectful relationships with
- patients, families, colleagues and other members of the health care team
- Precepts residents, medical students, and other health professional trainees as appropriate
- Graduate of an accredited medical school and an accredited residency program in Family Medicine
- NY State Medical License
- Board Admissible to respective specialty board
- Current BCLS
- Current DEA Certificate
- Demonstrates superior clinical skills