Family Medicine Physician, Addiction Medicine
Hudson Valley NY
Title: Family Medicine Physician, Addiction Medicine
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Hiring a Family Medicine Physician, Addiction Medicine for a Federally-Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC) Network. The Family Medicine Physician, Addiction Medicine position is an outstanding opportunity for an individual who wishes to have an impact upon the next generation of Family Physicians. The Family Medicine Physician, Addiction Medicine responsibilities include direct patient care, teaching and supervising residents/medical students, curriculum development, and scholarly activities.
- Regularly participate in clinical discussions, rounds, journal clubs, and conferences
- Demonstrate scholarship through peer –reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer reviewed journals or chapters in textbooks, case reports or clinical series at local, regional, or national professional and scientific society meetings.
- Dedicate at least 60% of time (24 hours a week or 1200 hours per year minimum) to the program, exclusive of patient care with residents and devote majority of their professional effort to teaching, administration, scholarly activity, and patient care within program.
- Patient Care includes 3-4 sessions (12-16 hours) of patient care per week in assigned health center and Residency Education includes (24 hours) of residency program responsibilities including outpatient clinical education, participating in Inpatient call and rounding, program leadership, medical education of minimum of 1 lecture/workshop/didactic activity per month
- Demonstrates an understanding and sensitivity to diversity and a responsible attitude towards his/her patients, profession and society.
- Precepts residents, medical students, and other health professional trainees as appropriate
- Graduate of an accredited medical school and an accredited residency program in Family Medicine
- NY State Medical License
- BOARD Admissible to respective specialty board
- Current BCLS
- Current DEA Certificate
- Demonstrates superior clinical skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, communication, organizational, and conflict management skills