Executive Director of Supply Chain
Fairfield County CT
Title: Executive Director of Supply Chain
Location: Fairfield County, CT 06820
Occupational Category: Administrative/Operations
Description: Hiring an Executive Director of Supply Chain for community teaching health system Connecticut. The Executive Director of Supply Chain will lead the Supply Chain functions into the future. The Executive Director of Supply Chain is responsible for the vision, direction, and strategic planning of Supply Chain program to ensure the highest quality materials are available as needed at the lowest possible cost. The Executive Director of Supply Chain is also responsible for purchasing, contracting, materials acquisition, storage, central processing, distribution, OR materials, central patient transport, and oversees the outsourcing areas for stores, copy center, linen, print shop, and mail services. The Executive Director of Supply Chain will be responsible for developing, implementing, and administering a coordinated supply support system that operates efficiently and meets the needs of the institution.
- Responsible for the vision, direction, and strategic planning of materials management to ensure the highest quality materials are available when needed at the lowest possible cost.
- Develop and administer coordinated supply chain system that meets the needs of the hospital departments
- Increase opportunities for patient service improvements and expense management.
- Work directly with physician leadership, nursing management.
- Supporting and monitoring corporate compliance for materials management.
- Provide leadership in establishing standards and practices for a model supply chain, and develop policies, procedures, and controls
- Co-Chair the Value Analysis Committee, which strives for standardization.
- Maintain good working relationships with all vendors
- Interface directly with all departments regarding materials that have been requested
- Assist all department directors in the budget process
- Negotiates and acts as the contact person for all purchase agreements with the various distributors for materials that may or may not be addressed by a group purchasing organization.
- Develop and maintain a high degree of managerial competence through continuing education or participation in seminars, conventions, and institutes, as well as field trips to other institutions.
- Provide administrative support to senior management in the form of reports, budgets, supply utilization analysis, and capital expenditure management.
- Bachelor’s degree is required with a Master’s preferred.
- 10 years Supply Chain experience in healthcare, preferably in a large, complex organization.
- Experience with the implementation of automated systems
- Experience with GPO contracts.
- Success in collaborating with all departments of the hospital, especially nursing will be a key skill.
- Ability to work with the finance department