New York, NY
Title: Entitlement Specialist
Location: New York, NY
Occupational Category: Healthcare Finance and Operations
Description: Our client, a charity organization dedicated to helping children and families throughout the New York Community, is seeking to hire an Entitlements Specialist.
- Maintain centralized active updated records of individual entitlements.
- Specialize in centralized correspondence received from various city and government agencies via phone, mail, and/or fax.
- Accrue appropriate monthly entitlement revenue and collections.
- Assist programs and clients with initial SNAP-Public assistance (immediate needs grants), SSI, SSDI, OTDA, VA, Food Stamp, Medicaid, Medicare application(s), obtaining replacement social security cards, and /or birth certificate.
- Assist program and clients with submission of SSI redetermination, food stamp recertification, Medicaid renewal, SSDI continuing disability review, and Public Assistance face-to-face in a timely manner
- Schedule and escort program staff/advocates/and individuals to various government and city agencies (Social Security Administration HRA-Public Assistance, Medicaid, and food stamp offices).
- Process appeals, advocate, and pursues legal channels to obtain funding for consumers who have been denied entitlements and represent individual(s) and agency at consumer administrative hearings.
- Stay informed on public policy issues and new developments in the field and communicate the same management/utilize any type of resources in order to prepare presentations for consumers and clinical staff.
- Attend information trainings and seminars to remain current on trends and entitlements system changes.
- Conduct training with individuals and staff on regulations and laws pertaining to benefits.
- Appropriate engagement with support departments to ensure appropriate and timely hiring, performance management, investigation, discipline, suspension, and restructuring decisions concerning direct reports.
- 7+ years of experience in Human Services Field specializing in Medicaid, Medicare, Managed Care Plans, Supplemental Social Income (SSI), Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) application process and regulations, HRA Public Assistance, and Food Stamps.
- Knowledge of OPWDD operations, regulations, eligibility standards.
- 3+ years of experience with Medicaid for profit, not-for-profit, and/or medical billing organization.
- Associate's degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.