Electrophysiology Nurse (RN)
Fairfield County, CT
Title: Electrophysiology Nurse (RN).
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Our Client, a non-for-profit community teaching hospital in Connecticut, is seeking full time Electrophysiology Nurse (RN). The Electrophysiology Nurse (RN) will be proficient in-patient assessment and Pre/Intra/Post care particular to the Electrophysiology patient and be competent in the management of patients in the Cardiovascular Suite, which included the cath lab and vascular interventional radiology population.
- Evaluate patient s physical and psychosocial condition throughout the continuum of care.
- Care for patients Pre/Intra/Post procedures for all cardiac and vascular procedures but specializing in EP: 3D Mapping Equipment, CardioLab, etc.
- Develop and implement patient plan of care reflecting patient issues and proposed interventions to achieve desired patient outcome.
- Communicate with patient, family and healthcare team in implementing plan of care.
- Evaluate patient outcomes, effectiveness of plan of care and readiness for discharge and/or continuing care. Revise plan of care as needed and appropriately refer for additional services where indicated.
- Educate as indicated after assessing the learning needs of the staff, patient, and family.
- Participate in and support performance improvement and risk management activities.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Valid license as Registered Nurse in Connecticut.
- BCLS, ACLS
- 2-3 year critical care experience (which includes ER experience or Cath Lab experience).