Director of Sourcing-Business
Westchester County, NY
Title: Director of Sourcing - Business
Location: Westchester County, NY
Occupational Category: Healthcare Finance and Operation
Description: Our client, a renowned academic medical center and integrated healthcare delivery system, is currently seeking to hire a Director of Sourcing - Business to join their Corporate Procurement Team. The Director of Sourcing - Business is responsible for the $1B System-wide spend of the Business Category.
- Manages purchasing staff including Category Managers, Contract Managers, Contract Analysts.
- Negotiates contracts with vendors.
- Manages assigned contracts for processing and updating before expiration date.
- Works closely with business systems used to evaluate products, i.e. cost, quality, service and work towards products standardization and cost savings.
- Manages the process for identifying and selecting potential sources of service or supplies.
- Develops and manages an effective and efficient Request for Proposal solicitation and evaluation process.
- Works with staff to develop and enforce programs and initiatives, address concerns, and answer questions.
- Reports on departmental KPIs.
- Maintains and verifies compliance with all contracts and pricing agreements;
- Reviews and approves contracts and agreements in accordance with the organization's policies;
- Manages value analysis and standardization program and initiatives
- 7-10+ years' experience in a high-volume supply chain/purchasing environment with related specific skill sets, including 5+ years of management-related experience
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in sourcing best practices and how to apply them
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within teams, on multiple projects with shifting deadlines and priorities
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred.
- CPSM/MMP certification preferred