Director of Quality Services and Value Based Initiatives
Fairfield County CT
Title: Director of Quality Services and Value Based Initiatives
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Occupational Category: Allied / Administrative
Description: Hiring a Director of Quality Services and Value Based Initiatives for top medical center in Connecticut. The Director of Quality Services and Value Based Initiatives will provide leadership, support, strategic planning, and overall direction to the Quality Management program in conjunction with and under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer and the Vice President & Chief Operating Officer. The Director of Quality Services and Value Based Initiatives will establish, implement, and support programs, procedures, and policies to accomplish organizational quality objectives, development of a quality metrics program and payer incentive and quality measurement programs.
- Provides leadership, support, planning, and direction to Quality Management program.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with management in setting direction and strategic planning to develop, implement, and monitor action plans to achieve overall Quality Management program success.
- Develops annual goals for the Quality Management program in alignment with overall clinical and operational goals and strategies to meet and exceed established program objectives.
- Develops, designs, and implements strategies and processes to optimize system-wide eClinicalWorks use and support quality performance improvement.
- Fosters innovative problem solving and upholds principles of continuous quality improvement.
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance and direction through multiple layers of management and professional staff.
- Forms strategic relationships to support program growth, including the quality team.
- Demonstrates ability to set and revise priorities to assist others to improve the organization.
- Presents reports to senior management, the Board of Directors, directors, and staff
- Leads the development of policies and procedures relevant to the quality program.
- Develops report formats and data collection templates for quality measurements.
- Plans for the achievement of regulatory compliance including public health mandates.
- Leads applications for recognition and awards relevant to the quality program.
- Seeks applications for external funding of the program including research projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Healthcare, or Healthcare Administration is required. A Master’s Degree in Business or Healthcare Administration is preferred.
- 5-7 years of management and professional experience is required. Work experience in an ambulatory healthcare setting is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of programs including Patients-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Advancing Care Information (ACI), Merit-Based Incentive Payment (MIPS), and other payer programs is required.
- A high level of competency with the use of ambulatory electronic health records (EHRs) is required. Experience with eClinicalWorks is preferred.