Director of Quality Management
Title: Director of Quality Management (QD)
Location: Queens, NY 11385
Occupational Category: Healthcare Finance and Operations
Description: Hiring a Director of Quality Management (QD), a leader in home health and case management services. The Director of Quality Management functions as a self-directed independent worker responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality healthcare. The Director of Quality Management is responsible for reconciling policies and practices with DOH regulations. A vital function of the Director of Quality Management is oversight of all audit activities including the NYSDOH Redesignation process. The Director of Quality Management provides oversight of special initiatives such as the Adult Home Initiative. The Director of Quality Management will provide vision, goals and structure for the Quality Improvement initiatives and recommend procedures to improve the service, process and reporting quality.
- Oversight of all audit activities including the NYSDOH re-designation process.
- Oversight of special initiatives such as the Adult Home Initiative.
- Providing vision, goals, and structure for Health Home Quality Improvement initiatives
- Recommending/implementing procedures to improve service, process & reporting quality.
- Provides vision, goals and structure for the Health Home Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Manages Health Home quality assurance and quality improvement needs including medical record data abstractions, data collection sophisticated quality analysis and reporting.
- Provides consistent feedback on trends and findings to Network Providers and Operations
- Conducts provider site reviews and chart audits
- Implements and conducts provider site visits including informal technical assistance, formal training's and annual site visits to determine compliance with DOH requirements.
- Identifies and creates QI review tools and conducts monthly reviews using QI tools.
- Conducts training needs assessments and reviews trends and deficiencies and provides training as needed. Responsible for oversight of new training initiatives.
- Oversight of adult home initiative including transition calls and all required DOH reporting.
- Participates in internal/external case conferences
- Oversees all Managed Care Organizations related quality improvement initiatives.
- Reviews and analyzes trends pertinent to delivery of health home and clinical best practices
- Ability to create, analyze and interpret QI related score card and reports.
- Ability to travel: 30 to 40 percent of work will occur in field and remaining time will in office
- Currently registered to practice as a Registered Nurse in New York State
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing or Social Work preferred
- Graduates of an accredited MPH or MPA Program will be considered
- Expert in: project management, data management/analysis, excel skills