Director of Primary Care Patient Access
Westchester County NY
Title: Patient Access Director
Location: Westchester County, NY 10707
Occupational Category: Administrative/Operations
Description: Hiring a Patient Access Director for a leading academic hospital system. The Patient Access Director will oversee the centralized scheduling, referral, and insurance verification teams to support patient access, growth, and retention initiatives. The Patient Access Director must demonstrate the ability to ensure the focus remains on optimization of physician scheduling, proper collection/verification of demographic and insurance information and create an exceptional customer experience in alignment with the mission and values of the organization.
- Develop and implement strategies for patient service including technologies and appropriate patient protocols with key physician leaders.
- Manages relationship with Call Center to improve metrics and performance related to patient engagement.
- Responsible to lead efforts with medical leadership for standardization across site schedules
- Oversees central referral team to enhance patient access and network utilization to enhance population health initiatives.
- Works with EPIC team and Call Center on advance scheduling modalities and techniques.
- Leads multidisciplinary access team to improve key metrics related to patient and provider experience.
- Develops and implements strategies with key physician leaders. for patient service including technologies and appropriate patient protocols
- Oversees referral group to ensure access with FPG and closing loop processes to ensure patient satisfaction/compliance.
- Evaluates vendors and technologies for patient growth and retention including MyChart patient portal.
- Works with CMO and health plans on patient access strategies and panel management.
- Bachelor's Degree Required. Master's Degree preferred
- Candidate must have up to (7) years of experience providing leadership for Adult/Pediatric ambulatory operations with experience with registration or patient access.