Director of Pharmacy
Fairfield County CT
Title: Director of Pharmacy
Location:Stamford Hospital, Stamford, CT 06904
Occupational Category: Allied Health
Description: Hiring a Director of Pharmacy for Stamford Hospital in Connecticut. The Director of Pharmacy manages all drug dispensing and clinical operations of the pharmacy. The Director of Pharmacy is responsible for personnel management including training, performance reviews, competencies and licensure. The Director of Pharmacy develops a strategic plan including goals with direction aimed at improving department performance. Other responsibilities for Director of Pharmacy are systems, information technology and project management, revising and updating operational procedures and policies, regulatory compliance, and accreditation. Financial responsibilities of the Director of Pharmacy include ensuring pharmacy is profitable, updating charge master, purchasing and receiving.
- Oversees all medication procurement, storage and preparation in the health system.
- Facilitates safe medication use.
- Responsible for drug regulations relating to the procurement, dispensing and destruction.
- Responsible for the Financial and clinical and operations of the Pharmacy and oversees the related environmental and regulatory compliance.
- Oversees the 340b program and ensures compliance
- Provides Human resources management over the designated pharmacy staff
- Provides strategic planning for the pharmacy department
- Develops and maintain multimillion-dollar budget
- Manages bar code systems and pharmacy automation
- Manages the use of GPO contracts and purchasing techniques and their application to inventory control and maintenance.
- Promote staff development providing organizational leadership.
- Holds current license to practice pharmacy in the state of Connecticut or New York.
- Completes all continuing education credits for license renewal annually.
- Pharmacy management experience of ten (10) years or longer.
- Systems and project management experience.
- Knowledge of billing procedures related to insurance coding.
- Knowledge of 340b drug purchasing program
- Ability to maintain standards related to USP 797 and 800 sterile product admixtures.
- Current knowledge of pharmacy law, both federal and state.
- Demonstrates strong clinical and interpersonal skills.