Director of Performance Improvement
New York NY
Title: Director of Performance Improvement
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Administrative/Operations
Description: Hiring a Director of Performance Improvement for a Practice Group affiliated with a top teaching hospital. The Director of Performance Improvement will lead projects related to the identification, development, analysis, and optimization of performance in the Practice Group, which consist of more than 80 practices and specialty sites. Working with the Associate Vice President of Operations, the Director of Performance Improvement will ensure efficiency in quality, patient experience and workforce management.
- Develops, manages and integrates a comprehensive Performance Improvement (PI) program to achieve goal-oriented results in quality, efficiency, and value.
- Identifies efficiency opportunities and prioritizes improvement plans based on a value-added approach.
- Leads the Performance Improvement team and champions PI initiatives across the Practice Group.
- Oversees 4 direct reports.
- Promotes collaboration across performance improvement areas
- Develops best practices and seamlessly deploys PI plans related to profitability, and productivity.
- Monitors performance against established targets, working various teams to improve operational effectiveness, workforce management and adherence to budgets.
- Implements sustainable corrective actions as needed and continuously monitors effects of modifications.
- Ensures that executives and key stakeholders receive appropriate updates of potential threats by standardized reporting of metrics, statistics, accomplishments, priorities and issues.
- Provides guidance to department leadership and other stakeholders on performance improvement opportunities and potential risks.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of PI trends and best practices.
- Provides leadership, vision, and management oversight for continuous survey readiness by regulatory agencies, including but not limited to The Joint Commission and CMS.
- Maintains scorecards for all service lines (with benchmarks, accountability, and expected results).
- Oversees the collaboration with IT in the design, adoption, and optimization of performance improvement related tools and technology
- Bachelor’s required
- Master's Degree preferred
- 7 Years’ experience
- Knowledge of ambulatory healthcare performance improvement standards and benchmarking tools.