Director of Patient Experience (MD/DO)
New York, NY
Title: Director of Patient Experience (MD/DO)
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Our client, a renowned academic medical center and integrated healthcare delivery system, is currently seeking to hire a Director of Patient Experience. The Director of Patient Experience will serve as a leader who will implement and continue to evolve the patient experience strategic and tactical plan.
- Set goals and develop policies for provider, department, and site patient satisfaction.
- Develop and implement appropriate strategies to improve patient satisfaction, health services delivery, and employee engagement.
- Work alongside leadership in the development of action plans based on report data and monitor the results of the plan.
- Recognize positive behavior contributions to the organization using praise, appreciation, and rewards.
- Respond to complaints, concerns, and suggestions for improvement while adhering to guidelines for complaint resolution.
- Collaborate with third-party patient satisfaction survey company to conduct surveys in the inpatient and outpatient environments and ensure a smooth flow of data feedback to system users.
- Promote positive interpersonal relationships among fellow employees, physicians, patients, and visitors.
- Set clear expectations for staff by developing job specific customer service expectations and behaviors for each position supervised.
- Identify training and staff development needs and ensure appropriate training is provided.
- Make rounds to meet patient families and assess satisfaction.
- Develop programs for new associate orientation, on-boarding process, and new leader orientation.
- Board Certified MD OR DO required.
- MBA, MHA degrees are an added plus
- Successful transformational work history in the Patient Experience arena
- Must have previous leadership/management experience