Director of Patient Access
New Jersey NJ
Title: Director Patient Financial Services and Patient Access
Location: New Jersey
Occupational Category: Finance
Description: Hiring a Director Patient Financial Services for one of the largest health care providers in the state. This is a multifaceted position with the Director overseeing the front-end registration process, financial counseling, and cashier office and serving as the liaison to the Central Billing Office. The Director is accountable for orchestrating everything necessary between business office and ancillary services to help move any metrics or address issues that come up from a revenue cycle point and insuring that all areas are compliant with new and existing State and Federal billing regulations. The Director must understand the complete patient access process and have a breadth of understanding of the revenue cycle function, be able to bring the right parties to the table to resolve issues and drive the team to the resolution.
- Act as liaison with all operational and financial areas.
- Bring the process of obtaining timely authorization and the correct demographics and assigning proper procedure codes to a better than best practice status.
- Focus on metrics
- Drive the organization forward.
- Bachelor’s degree or business experience or equivalent. CPAM preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Patient Accounting/Patient Access.
- Solid, collaborative leadership qualities and a high energy, team orientation.
- Strong Revenue Cycle, HIM, financial skills
- Exceptional customer experience skills