Director of Nursing
New York NY
Title: Director of Nursing
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring a Director of Nursing for our client, a nationally recognized teaching hospital in NYC. The Director of Nursing will be responsible for the development, coordination, and implementation of all nursing care services.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate clinical services provided by the nursing unit, as well as all associated administrative operations and activities
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the organization's goals and objectives
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate unit staff
- Review, establish, and maintain patient care protocol and standards
- Establish and coordinate Quality Improvement, Safety, and Infection Control programs
- Develop, implement, and evaluate facility policies, procedures, and guidelines on an annual and on-going basis
- Ensure that residents are neither mistreated nor neglected.
- Ensure nursing staff awareness and compliance with Federal and State regulations relative to resident rights issues.
- Valid NYS license as a Registered Nurse
- Master’s in Nursing or Health related profession, preferred
- 5 years of professional nursing experience, including 2 years supervisory or administrative experience
- Experience as a member of a Nursing Home Nursing Management Team at the Assistant director of Nursing level or higher for a minimum of 2 years
- In addition to Geriatrics, experience working with Special populations such as Young Adults, Ventilator Dependent, Pediatrics, and Neurobehavioral residents.
- Strong experience related to sub-acute care & short-term rehabilitation
- Ability to work in a highly integrated system involving a full continuum of care – requires high degree of collaboration