Director of Medical Staff Services
Fairfield County CT
Title: Director of Medical Staff Services
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Occupational Category: Administrative/Operations
Description: Hiring a Director of Medical Staff Services for a non-for-profit community teaching hospital in Connecticut. The Director of Medical Staff Services represents the Office of the SVP Medical Affairs, Chief Medical Officer and President of the Medical Staff, and leads the enrollment and re-enrollment process for physicians and ancillary staff.
- Supervise the administrative, credentialing and peer review staff of the Medical Staff Office.
- Direct and oversee the credentialing and reappointment process to ensure that all individuals with clinical privileges provide services within the scope of their training, licensure, and individual privilege status.
- Ensure the MSO Database is maintained and updated in conjunction with the IS department and the credentialing staff. Perform systems analysis
- Develop reports as requested for hospital administration.
- Serve as a hospital wide resource regarding the credentialing and peer review system.
- Responsible for the budget, guidance, direction and supervision of staff
- Serve as a resource to hospital administration and physicians regarding credentialing, privileges, reappointment and Medical Staff issues.
- Develop policies and procedures with Medical Staff Bylaws and Joint Commission regulations
- Keep current with all accreditation standards and legal requirements, alerting appropriate personnel regarding those changes.
- Audit Compliance - Assist hospital administration with various compliance audits.
- Customer Service - Establishes appropriate follow-up procedures within all areas of responsibilities to insure efficient and timely responses to requests, and promote effective customer service
- Project Management/Coordination – Initiates and follows through with projects in conjunction with the SVP Medical Affair & CMO, Executive Director of Medical Affairs and Physician Relations Department.
- Event Coordinator - Arranges conferences, seminars and annual holiday party, retreats for the Medical Staff, as requested. Develops agenda with the SVP Medical Affairs Department.
- The Director oversees the physician peer review process in collaboration with the Chairs of the Peer Review Oversight Committee (PROC).
- Coordinates disciplinary action process working with legal, ad hoc committees, and Department Chair.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) through NAMSS is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years prior Medical Staff Office experience is required
- Prior supervisory experience is required.
- Expert knowledge of Joint Commission and State requirements and related record keeping is required.
- Superior organization, problem solving, negotiation, verbal, listening and written communication skills are required. Strong project management skills are required.
- Must have experience in developing policies and procedures, new programs, database administration, and report writing. Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Proficient in Medkinetics, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of Crystal Reports is helpful. Knowledge of Database software is required.