Director of Internal Audit
New York, NY
Title: Director of Internal Audit
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Finance
Description: Hiring an experienced Director of Internal Audit for a vibrant community teaching medical center and integrated delivery system.
- Conducting the identification and assessment of financial and operational risks with management
- Coordinating and overseeing audits conducted by firms engaged to conduct audits.
- Developing annual and long-range plans for operating the internal audit function to minimize the Company s exposure to significant risks identified.
- Implementing a program and approach for conducting audit procedures to evaluate management control procedures.
- Reports results of internal and external audits to management and the Audit Committee
- Maintaining effective relationships with executive, accounting and operating management
- Evaluating the application of policies and procedures established over the Company s policies and systems for compliance
- Monitoring operating activities for compliance with applicable regulations.
- Developing programs and procedures for examining and assessing other financial and operating activities.
- Conducting the audit for assigned engagements
- Preparing reports summarizing the results of procedures performed and recommendations for improvement and presenting the results to management
- Recommending changes and developing policies and procedures to address identified control deficiencies and improve efficiency
- Evaluating responses for alleviating reported control deficiencies and verifying implementation of proposed actions.
- Assessing the results of implemented policies and procedures for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Five or more years Work Experience in public accounting or healthcare
- Technical abilities to determine the nature and extent of audit tests; communicate material finds to the appropriate level of management, and descriptive report writing
- Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Database software
- Diversified operations and/or audit experience with healthcare organizations.
- Strong understanding of patient accounting and reimbursement principles including coding and billing
- Knowledge of healthcare fraud and abuse and Stark regulations
- Extensive comprehension of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Solid expertise managing and coordinating multiple projects.
- Ability to plan and organize activities to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Bachelor s in accounting or related field. Professional certifications preferred include CPA, CIA, CISA, or CFE.