Director of Gastroenterology
Title: Director of Gastroenterology
Location: Brooklyn, NY 11226
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Hiring a Director of Gastroenterology for academic medical center. As the Director of Gastroenterology, strong leadership skills will be essential both in administration and patient care and where clinical care integrates quality of care and education.
- Direct the patient care within the division.
- Ensure appropriate coverage for patients and provide specific guidelines for physician and nurse practitioner performance expectations.
- Monitor staff and ensure all paperwork, education, training for providers are being met and oversee future recruitment.
- Report to the Chair of the Department of Medicine and the CMO.
- Provide clinical care and planning in an interdisciplinary approach in collaboration with the leadership and other health care professionals.
- There is an opportunity for the incoming Clinical Director to lead an advanced endoscopy program.
- Must always maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) and ACLS certification
- Board Certification in IM, Gastroenterology
- Advanced endoscopy training is preferred.
- 5+ years of prior experience
- Leadership experience
- A track record of success in advanced endoscopy (EGD/Stent), clinical care and medical education is preferred.