Director, Revenue Cycle Operations
Long Island, NY
Title: Director of Revenue Cycle Operations
Location: Long Island, NY
Occupational Category: Healthcare Finance and Operations
Our client, one of the largest private multi-specialty physician practices in the Northeast US, is seeking to hire a Director of Revenue Cycle Operations. The Director of Revenue Cycle Operations oversee the overall accounts receivable functions of the organization. The successful candidate is an innovative team leader who can drive transformation in a growing organization. A major focus is team building to build and inspire a collaborative team to continue to excel utilizing analytical and lean methodology in the approach to revenue enhancement. All revenue cycle operations are managed internally.
- Promote revenue cycle improvements throughout the organization including working with appropriate individuals including medical records, billing, denial management, etc., to aid in the resolution of identified revenue cycle issues
- Perform ongoing trend analysis on third party payer payment levels to ensure that reimbursement is in accordance with allowable amounts stated in agreements and contracts.
- Manage the reimbursement, coding & compliance, information systems, and credentialing business units.
- Monitor and participate in the review and negotiation of third party payer contracts.
- Monitor and makes decisions regarding the value and collectability of accounts receivable.
- Prepare monthly analysis reports pertaining to Accounts Receivable.
- Implement and monitor collection procedures, minimizing contractual and bad debt write offs, and maximizing cash collections.
- Develop and adhere to approved budget by maintaining business unit operations.
- Set goals, communicate expectations to staff, and follow-up with Unit Managers as needed.
- Boost employee morale, teamwork, and overall performance.
- Ensure that staff adheres to company policies and standards.
- One of 4 Directors encompassing 6 managers and 90FTE s
- Bachelor s Degree required
- 3-5 years in a revenue cycle supervisory role within a large healthcare organization
- Experience working with government reimbursement contracts, claim submission requirements, and compliance for all payers.
- Up-to-date on all Federal and State regulations related to billing and insurance.