New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
Occupational Category: Healthcare Finance and Operations
Description: Our client, a network of Family Health Centers with locations throughout New York City, is currently seeking to hire a Controller. The Controller will oversee all Accounting functions of the organization, including but not limited to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management, Payroll, Cost Accounting, General Ledger/Financial Statements, etc.
- Recruit, mentor/train, and supervise Accounting staff.
- Review and approve all financial transactions.
- Prepare monthly internal financial statements and analysis of same in a timely manner.
- Review and approve all required tax returns and filings for sign-off by the CFO and the President.
- Supervise payroll and purchasing functions.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner, including coordination of electronic banking transactions.
- Generate weekly cash position reports to the CFO and the President.
- Manage all banking relationships, bank accounts, cash balances, and ensure timely completion of bank reconciliations for all accounts.
- Assist the CFO in the conduct of the year-end audit of the Center?s financial statements.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions, including the chart of accounts, written policies and procedures, and departmental calendar.
- 10+ years of related work experience, including 5+ years of leadership experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- MBA/CPA preferred.
- Experience with an FQHC or Ambulatory Healthcare Environment.