Coding Coordinator, Radiology
New York NY
Title: Coding Coordinator, Radiology
Location: Manhattan, NY 10001
Occupational Category: Finance
Description: Hiring a Coding Coordinator, Radiology for a leading academic medical center. The Coding Coordinator will be responsible for monitoring the charges released from the vendors coding work queues, work with the practices to implement change as needed, and serve as a resource to help resolve coding-related questions. The successful candidate will review and advise physicians and staff regarding local and national coding and reimbursement policies for the department of Radiology.
- Evaluate/monitor the charges released by the vendor coding
- Abstract clinical information from a variety of medical records and assign appropriate ICD-10 and/or CPT codes to patient records.
- Review vendor coding for accuracy and quality
- Assist AR representatives with coding support as needed
- Work with physicians to ensure procedure are properly coded and billed.
- Ensure charge submission, work queue submissions, and follow-up required
- Collaborate with CBO management to implement change to physician reporting
- Review reports and analyses to identify coding related operational issues
- Schedule, coordinate and conduct meetings with staff, physicians and vendors
- Team Leader of the coding group and coding vendor
- Report to Management regularly and requests intervention where necessary
- Educate physicians, staff and management on new policies and changes to existing policies
- Review resources including: CPT and ICD-9 manuals, payer policy and procedure manuals/updates, and CMS publications to ensure practices are compliant with current policies and procedures
- Maintain current Certified Procedural Coder (CPC) certification
- Adhere to general practice and guidelines on compliance issues and patient confidentiality
- Determine and establish the explanation to complex coding issues and questions
- Receive, compile, classify, reconcile and consolidate data from varied sources
- Maintain accurate, well-organized, up to date files for retrieval of needed documentation
- Compile statistical data as requested and reports data monthly to appropriate parties
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience or equivalent combination or training and relevant work experience.
- Current medical coding certification (CPC) required.
- Epic experience is preferred.
- Coding Coordinator, Radiology