Clinical Nurse Educator, Cancer Center (RN)
Long Island NY
Title: Clinical Nurse Educator, Cancer Center (RN)
Location: Long Island, NY
Description: Hiring a Clinical Nurse Educator for a 500+ bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of a large Health System. The Organization's reputation for excellence has been built on great choices and empowered leadership and fosters a team that's focused on evidence-based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
The Clinical Nurse Educator's responsibilities include:
- Didactic teaching,
- Case-based learning,
- Facilitation of computer-based programs
- Evaluation and coaching of new employees with interdisciplinary collaboration
- Current NY State license as a Registered Nurse
- BSN required, MSN or enrolled in Master?s program preferred
- Minimum 5 years current clinical nursing experience with demonstrated leadership and teaching ability.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Current ACLS Instructor and BLS Instructor preferred.
- Good communication and computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Ability to work well with all levels of staff and leadership.
- Must possess knowledge and have experience in oncology and be chemotherapy certified.
- ONS Certification is required.