Clinical Director of Internal Medicine (MD)
Hudson Valley NY
Title: Clinical Director of Internal Medicine (MD)
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Hiring a Clinical Director of Internal Medicine (MD) for a well-established, beautiful, state-of-the -art Federally Qualified Health Center situated in the Hudson Valley, north of NYC. This position is 20% Administrative and 80% Clinical-providing direct patient
- Administratively manage and develop all clinicians and team leads, ensuring effective orientation of new staff members which includes guidance, oversight and feedback to new clinicians, as may be required. Conduct evaluations of the clinical staff.
- Work with the Recruitment Department to maintain appropriate staffing in the Internal Medicine and Specialty Department and conduct initial interviews for all clinical staff.
- Functions as the liaison between members of the department?s staff and executive management. Develop and implement a schedule for providers, ensuring adequate coverage within the department, especially during times of peak volume and/or paid-time off. Additionally, maintain an effective on-call schedule.
- Ensure that all the activities within the Internal Medicine Department meet or exceed requirements for quality health care and safety as well as federal, state and local regulatory compliance policies. Monitor patient care programs and evaluate efficiency of these programs. Review and update all departmental policies and procedures annually.
- Conduct quarterly chart audits evaluating provider performance. This includes monitoring provider productivity and implementing changes to increase efficiency. Develop and implement clinical corrective action plans when necessary.
- Participate in the Quality Improvement Committee; Work with Quality Improvement team on monitoring and meeting federal and other metrics.
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients for acute and chronic illnesses.
- Advises patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- Communicate on an ongoing basis with other health care providers
- Collects, records and maintains accurate patient information in electronic medical records
- Formulates diagnostic and treatment plans.
- Prescribes and administers medications, therapies, suturing and splinting for internal medicine and urgent care patients.
- Orders lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan
- Provides physician leadership and training.
- Maintain hospital privileges
- 3 to 5 years of Primary care experience
- New York Medical License
- Board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- DEA license or ability to obtain post hire
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive attitude