Clinical Coordinator (RN)
Fairfield County CT
Title: Clinical Coordinator (RN)
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Our Client, a non-for-profit community teaching hospital in Connecticut, is seeking full time Clinical Coordinator. The Clinical Coordinator will coordinate and deliver patient care utilizing the Nursing Process and following all established standards of practice within State and Federal guidelines.
- Provide direct patient care to a select group of patients and advocate on their behalf.
- Assess patient?s physical and psychosocial condition throughout the continuum of care.
- Monitor, practice, and promote patient safety and quality of care in collaboration with staff and nurse manager.
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and procedures and standards of care.
- Respect and protect the patients? rights to confidentiality and privacy following all hospital policies.
- Perform service recovery and communicate patient plan of care reflecting patient issues and proposed interventions to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Collaborate with patient, family and healthcare team in implementing plan of care as a liaison of the hospital and healthcare team.
- Manage multiple competing tasks, develop effective plan for accomplishing daily tasks and manage priorities and allocation of available resources along with nurse manager.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the health care team and related departments to provide accurate information about the care of the patients.
- Keep all unit caregivers up-to-date on issues and policies that affect patient care or nursing practice.
- Maintain open communication with nurse manager regarding unit and staff activity.
- Utilize the acuity-based staffing system to make sound staffing decisions and communicates rationalization of those decisions understanding fiscal implication.
- Maintains equipment and utilizes supplies in a safe, cost effective manner
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing; BSN preferred
- Valid license as Registered Nurse in Connecticut
- BLS certification required