Chief of Obstetrics Anesthesia (MD)
New York NY
Title: Chief of Obstetric Anesthesia
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Our client, an academic medical center, is currently seeking to hire an experienced academic obstetric anesthesiologist to serve in the role of Chief of Obstetric Anesthesia. The Chief of Obstetric Anesthesia will oversee Obstetric Anesthesia services for OB Suites in two hospitals. Our client?s obstetric anesthesia service has a clinic for patients with complex medical problems to help coordinate a care plan appropriate and individualized for each patient. The Chief of Obstetric Anesthesia will provide teaching, supervision and support of education innovations in the Obstetrics clinical and research educational program.
- Lead, direct, and oversee Anesthesia OB services, research, and education
- Lead obstetric anesthesia clinical operations to ensure efficient utilization of clinical provider resources while delivering high quality patient care, monitoring and improving patient and provider satisfaction, and promoting effective collaboration among our clinical partners
- Oversee the scheduling of resources.
- Facilitate graduate medical education within the division in conjunction with the Vice Chair for Education.
- Promote obstetric anesthesiology research.
- Provide teaching, supervision and support of education innovations in OB clinical and research educational program learners.
- Identify goals and developing, monitoring, and sharing metrics to track progress on goals.
- Represent the division and department at OB-specific operational meetings.
- Mentor junior faculty.
- Remain in close collaboration with the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Oversee QA and QI for the division.
- American Board of Anesthesiology Certification required
- Obstetrical Anesthesiology Fellowship required
- Active involvement in clinical or translational research
- Be recognized for contributions to Obstetrical Anesthesiology.