Chief of Cardiology
New Jersey NJ
Title: Chief of Cardiology
Location: New Jersey
Occupational Category: Finance
Description: Hiring a Chief of Cardiology a top medical system in New Jersey. The Chief of Cardiology will serve as the administrative head for the Division of Cardiology and will foster a culture of excellence in the missions of clinical care, research and education. The Chief of Cardiology provide direct patient care in the Cath Lab, Interventional Lab, Outpatient Cardiology Clinic and Offices locally, as well as build on current outstanding outreach network and strengthen ties statewide.
- Direct Cardiology Fellowship Program
- Expand the Cardiology Program to encompass the care of both inpatients and outpatients.
- Maintain highest quality and safety across division
- Responsible for the implementation of divisional plans and day to day outcomes, will provide direct clinical care, clinical administrative duties and QA/QI activities.
- Coordinate cardiac research, symposium, grand rounds
- Provide lectures to the medical community, the patients and public
- Work with Fellows, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, ancillary staff and other physicians
- Provide on-call coverage as needed.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with attending physicians outside the department, as well as other hospital department staff and Administration.
- Maintain knowledge of current treatment modalities available to patients and work with Administrative leadership to evaluate and/or implement new treatments as necessary.
- Participate in clinical studies/reviews pertaining to treatment of Cardiac patients.
- Board Certified and Licensed to Practice in Cardiology
- Fellowship training in Interventional Cardiology
- Academic credentials commensurate with appointment at rank of associate or full professor
- Successful leadership and administrative experience in an academic medical setting
- A commitment to educational, research, and clinical excellence
- Broad knowledge of healthcare landscape and vision for the future of medical education
- Interest and experience in collaborative community engagement
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion