Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Passaic County NJ
Title: Chief Operating Officer
Location:Passaic County, NJ
Occupational Category: Administrative/Operations
Hours: Full-time Chief Operating Officer for a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) located in New Jersey. The Chief Operating Officer will report to the Board of Directors and will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. The Chief Operating Officer act as a liaison among the organization’s governing board any advisory boards and its staff Participates in various meetings with such groups to provide pertinent information related to the organization’s operations and fiscal affairs. Facilitates resolution of questions and problems.
- Develops short and long range administrative and organization plans to define responsibilities and business activities consistent with hospital goals and objectives. Develops, an annual administrative plan and a financial plan for the organization.
- Oversees various department heads.
- Assists the governing board and organization's legal counsel in negotiation of professional service contracts. Approves performance appraisals and wage modifications, reviews and resolves employee grievances and make suggestions as appropriate.
- Maintains administrative responsibility for physician’s both inside and outside the organization subject to the ultimate responsibility and control of the governing board.
- Act as a liaison among the organization’s governing board any advisory boards and its staff Participates in various meetings with such groups to provide pertinent information related to the organization’s operations and fiscal affairs. Facilitates resolution of questions s.
- Keeps apprised of public policy, economic developments and public opinions as they may pertain to the organizational goals. Participates in FQHC associations and healthcare professional organizations.
- Directs the conduct of the CFO's office and related financial operations to ensure implementation of the hospital's fiscal business plan. Reviews and approves all financial reports, budgets and major expenditures.
- Oversees the efforts of personnel to maintain appropriate accreditation standards
- Coordinates the efforts to maintain quality standards
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5-8 years of Leadership experience in FQHC management and operations