Chief Financial Officer
New York, NY
Title: Chief Financial Officer
Location: New York, NY
Occupational Category: Healthcare Finance and Operations
Description: Our client, a large ambulatory network and part of an academic health system in the NY Metro Area, is looking to hire a CFO
The Chief Financial Officer oversees all aspects of The Network?s financial functions including accounting, reporting, budgeting, reimbursement, billing and collections. The CFO also leads the financial strategic planning process and provides financial reports and presentations to the Board of Directors. The CFO works with Corporate Finance to make sure that The Network is able to effectively and efficiently monitor and assess its financial performance as well as meet its financial reporting requirements to Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) as well as to New York State Department of Health. The CFO supports the CEO and works with Corporate Finance to make sure that goals and objectives meet HRSA's standards and are supportive of The Network?s business and strategic goals and initiatives. The CFO provides information, insight and guidance to support site level finance and leadership staff in their financial planning activities. The CFO is accountable for all aspects of the Finances of The Network including:
Strategy, Planning and Management: Financial Analysts, Budgeting and Forecasting: Reporting: Financial Management:
Critical Skills Include:
- Financial Planning and Strategy, Managing Profitability, Strategic Planning, Vision, Quality Management, Promoting Process Improvement, Forecasting, Corporate Finance, Developing Budgets, Financial Skills, Dealing with Complexity.
1.A Master?s Degree from an accredited college or university with a specialization in Hospital Administration, Business Administration, Public Health, Hospital Health Care, Medical Administration or a related program; and,
2. Six years of full-time, paid experience in high-level responsible business administration, human resources administration, public administration or an equivalent field, or as an Assistant Hospital Administrator in a position of direct responsibility for total operations or major parts thereof in a hospital setting including substantial exposure in meeting community needs; or,
3. A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, experience and training; and,
4. Extensive working knowledge of hospital administration, medical procedures, laws and regulations pertaining to hospital operations with special reference to accreditation procedures.
- 10 years of health care Accounting or Finance experience with demonstrated experience managing a team, in FQHC setting, as a finance executive.
- Background coordinating with IT staff to manage and/or upgrade accounting system. Systems implementation experience strongly preferred.
- "Hands On" ERP Systems Experience - SAP, JD Edwards or PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence - ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.