Chief Executive Officer
Title: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Bronx, NY 10467
Occupational Category: Leadership
Description: Hiring a Chief Executive Officer for a large, multifaceted non-profit organization that provides substance abuse, mental health and medical treatment to the residents of the Bronx and beyond including outpatient services, residential services, housing, shelter, and primary care. The Chief Executive Officer will report to the Board of Directors and has primary responsibility for growing the portfolio of programs and services that the organization offers, ensuring that the agency carries out its programs in conformance with its mission, and managing the organizations financial position during a period of rapid and substantial change in the health care industry.
- Work with the board to refresh and refine strategic plan
- Provide leadership to the organization and ensures continued ability to attract, recruit, develop and retain highly qualified staff.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders including federal, state and local government agencies, CBOs, health care partners and funders to ensure maximal success and impact.
- Organization Management
- Ensure the provision of quality and evidence base clinical care
- Administration & Compliance.
- Finance & Audit
- Fundraising Strategy
- Communications & Public Relations
- Quality Improvement
- Maintain excellent partnerships with existing funders and community partners
- Serve as primary liaison to the board, prepare agendas and materials for all board meetings, and staff the appropriate board committees.
- Graduate degree in Social Work, Health Administration or Public Health
- 10+ years of executive leadership in health care, social service, or substance abuse space.
- CEO or COO experience strongly preferred
- Three years’ experience in a residential agency or federally/state/OASAS licensed facility
- Experience working directly with a board, preferably in a non-profit context.
- Ability to secure government grants and contracts
- Familiarity with New York City, State, and Federal agencies serving substance abuse issues
- Knowledge of the community serviced and of the needs of the client population.
- Spanish language capability is a plus.
- Demonstrated Fundraising ability.
- Flexible, Agile Management Style
- Management and Business Acumen
- Political Savvy with Excellent Communication Skills