Chief Administrative Officer
Hudson Valley NY
Title: Chief Administrative Officer
Location: Hudson Valley, NY 10916
Occupational Category: Operations/Administrative
Description: Hiring a Chief Administrative Officer for an established and comprehensive not-for-profit Hospice, is looking for a Chief Administrative Officer to join their Leadership Team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CAO will be responsible for the management and oversight of finance, public relations/marketing, IT services, development, human resources, and administrative support services for this community resource providing care, hope, comfort, and improved quality of life to individuals and their families facing serious illness.
- Ensures regulated services, comply with Federal, State, & Joint Commission requirements.
- Monitors performance and productivity of staff reports. Works with reports to set performance goals that are achievable.
- Ensures that in areas of oversight, the agency has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and systems in place to effectively grow the organization and ensure operating efficiency.
- Assures and leads quality improvement process, focusing on systems/process improvement.
- Provides input to and develops, when requested, initiatives to help the agency flourish and grow in a changing health care services environment.
- Maintains positive relationships with community members and referral sources. Partners with the CEO and other leadership team members to represent the agency with external constituency groups, including community, government, and private organizations.
- Reviews, negotiates, and approves contracts with Director of Finance and CEO.
- Works with Human Resources Manager to attract, recruit and retain required members of the team; provided mentoring to meet the leadership needs of the agency
- Builds commitment to change by personally embracing the need for change
- Participates in meetings and quality assurance and program improvement activities
- Collaborates with leadership in the development of policies and procedures
- Collaborate with leadership in the development and oversight of the annual budget
- Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, business, or health care related field
- Five years of progressive management experience in a health care setting with at least three years in a hospice setting.
- Understanding of hospice philosophy and team approach to care
- Proven track record of successful clinical and business management of health-related organizations yielding measurable growth.
- Experience supervising seasoned interdisciplinary staff operating multiple programs
- Knowledge and understanding of healthcare regulations (including Medicare conditions of participation, HIPAA, Joint Commission standards), quality assurance and compliance programs, and other federal/state regulations.
- Ability to make connections to and develop effective relationships with diverse populations colleagues, and community members.