Chair of Surgery
Title: Chair of Surgery
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Hiring a Chair of Surgery for a teaching hospital. The Chair of Surgery will be a clinical leader who oversees all specialists in General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Neurosurgery, Ears, Otolaryngology, Hand Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Urology, Metabolic Surgery, Neonatal Surgery, Ophthalmology and Podiatry. The Chair of Surgery will also oversee an accredited, sixteen-member residency training program in General Surgery. The Chair of Surgery will be responsible for process improvements which enhance services that will improve the health and wellness of our patient community.
- Clinical: Active clinical participation and leadership in Surgical Services (currently seven operating rooms)
- Administrative: Leadership and responsibility for the entire department. Physician leadership of Surgical Services in conjunction with our clinical leaders in Anesthesia.
- Supervise 3 general surgeons, 3 otolaryngologists, 2 vascular surgeons, 1 neurosurgeon, 2 urologists, 3 orthopedic surgeons, 2 hand/plastic surgeons, 1 thoracic surgeon, 2 ophthalmologists, 1 neonatal surgeon and several podiatrists.
- Board Certified in General Surgery and/or a Surgical Subspecialty
- Eight years of prior experience preferred
- Community focused