Chair of Pathology
New York NY
Title: Chair of Pathology
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Hiring a Chair of Pathology for a vibrant and growing community teaching hospital in NYC. The Chair of Pathology will be responsible for the clinical and administrative services in the Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine. The Chair of Pathology will be a vital part of the Pathology team who can report on anatomic, cytology and autopsy specimens and will participate in call responsibilities and respond to frozen section requests.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring and oversight of all Pathologists.
- Responsible for the analysis of all Pathology, Cytology and Autopsy Specimens
- Ensures the prompt response to on-call and frozen section requests
- Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of clinical specimens.
- Responsible for Transfusions Services in accordance with AABB, FDA and NYS regulations.
- Oversees the ordering, processing and distribution of the all blood and blood components.
- Responsible for the oversight of Point of Care Testing.
- Performs and ensures the timely turnaround of autopsies
- Responsible for maintaining departments licenses with New York State.
- Ensures compliance with all accrediting agencies including College of American Pathologists.
- Ensures enrollment and satisfactory performance in all required proficiency testing
- Oversees the Quality Control for all Departments
- Responsible for Performance Improvement of Dept of Clinical & Anatomic Pathology.
- Responsible for oversight of credentialing for professionals in Department of Pathology.
- Attends Medical Executive Committee, Chairman Meetings, and other Committee meetings
- Monitors the turnaround time of the results from the Department of Pathology.
- Communicates regularly with CMO, Executive Vice President and Administration
- Provides teaching to residents, medical students and hospital staff
- Graduate of Accredited Medical College
- Board Certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- Current New York State COQ in Anatomic, cytology, Blood Bank and all Clinical Areas including Arterial Blood Gases.
- Prior Chair or Division Chief experience in Pathology.
- Clinically active pathologist with anatomic and clinical ability.
- Active knowledge in clinical pathology with working knowledge of transfusion services.
- Knowledge of laboratory outreach is helpful.