Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
New York NY
Title: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA)
Location: New York City
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA) for a top academic teaching hospital in New York City. Under the supervision of an Attending Anesthesiologist, the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) administers, monitors and manages patient’s care before and after anesthesia. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Offering a large variety of cases depending on provider preference including, General, OB, GI, EP, Peds, Transplant, Cardiac, Neuro, Ortho. Interviewing immediately.
- Perform a thorough and complete pre-anesthesia assessment.
- Obtain reviewing relevant tests and discussing findings with the Attending.
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with patient
- With Anesthesiologist, formulate a patient-specific plan for anesthesia care.
- Induce anesthesia under the supervision of an Attending Anesthesiologist
- Continuously assess the patient’s response to the anesthetic and surgical intervention
- Monitor patient’s physiologic condition for type of anesthesia and patient needs
- Responsible for maintaining complete, accurate, and timely documentation of pertinent information on the patient’s medical record.
- Document all anesthetic interventions, and patient responses.
- 12, 10 or 8 hour shifts available
- Graduate of an accredited school of nurse anesthesia and be a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) with proof of current certification
- Completed appropriate accredited training program and clinical rotations and must have graduated from degree program.
- Must have current valid NYS nursing licenses
- Must be certified by the Council of Certification of Nurse Anesthetists; recertification bi-annually according to the standards of the Council of Recertification CNA
- Hiring both experienced CRNA’s and new grads
- 7-8 weeks PTO
- Pension after five years
- No weekends, holidays or call
- Exceptional health care coverage with union benefits.
- Offering one of the highest base salaries in NYC.
- OT is available and paid at 1.5X.
- Pretax parking, pretax transit and no cost healthcare accounts.