Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
New York NY
Title: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
Location: Queens, NY 11385
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA). Under the supervision of an Attending Anesthesiologist, this employee administers, monitors and manages patient s care before and after anesthesia. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Reports to Attending Anesthesiologists. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Nurse Anesthetists will rotate responsibility for daily scheduling of case coverage.
- Perform a thorough and complete pre-anesthesia assessment.
- Obtain reviewing relevant tests and discussing findings with the Attending.
- Discuss anesthetic options and risks with the patient and/or legal guardian
- In conjunction with Anesthesiologist, formulate a patient-specific plan for anesthesia care.
- Induce anesthesia under the supervision of an Attending Anesthesiologist
- Continuously assess the patient s response to the anesthetic and/or surgical intervention and must immediately notify the Attending Anesthesiologist of significant changes in the patient s condition and intervene
- Monitor patient s physiologic condition for type of anesthesia and patient needs
- Responsible for maintaining complete, accurate, and timely documentation of pertinent information on the patient s medical record. Must document all anesthetic interventions, and patient responses.
- Responsible for transferring the responsibility for care of the patient to other qualified providers in a manner that assures continuity of care and patient safety.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nurse anesthesia and be a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) with proof of current certification and with experience in anesthesiology acceptable to the Chairman/Director of Anesthesiology and/or minimum of 1-2 years work experience.
- Completed appropriate accredited training program and clinical rotations and must have graduated from degree program.
- Must have current valid NYS nursing licenses
- Must be certified by the Council of Certification of Nurse Anesthetists. (New graduates are allowed 12 months to comply with the standards of certification); recertification bi-annually according to the standards of the Council of Recertification CNA
- One year of experience in an acute care nursing setting