Central Sterile Processing Technician
Fairfield County CT
Title: Central Sterile Processing Technician
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Occupational Category: Allied Health
Description: Our Client, a non-for-profit community teaching hospital, is seeking individuals to join the Perioperative Services team as Central Sterile Processing Techs. These are Full Time (37.5hrs/weekly) Evenings (3pm-11pm) with rotating weekends positions. The individuals must be flexible and able to work at three Perioperative Units. The individuals will be responsible for cleaning, inspecting, assembling, sterilizing and storing processed products used. This individual will also fill verbal and written requests for processed and manufactured sterile items in all patient care areas. Position requires ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure.
- Assembles, cleans, and prepares soiled instruments and supplies for reprocessing; following standard precautions & demonstrating safety conscious use of appropriate equipment & supplies.
- Correctly organizes, checks for function, and assembles all instrument sets/trays using appropriate count sheets or other documentation for monitoring quality.
- Uses appropriate method of sterilization, correct labeling & proper packaging techniques for all products sterilized in CP.
- Demonstrates ability to safely & correctly load & operate all sterilizers used in CP. Correctly performs & documents all quality control measures for sterilization processes.
- Maintains department inventories of sterile instruments and supplies safely & cost effectively. Fulfills requisitions & requests in prompt, courteous, and accurate manner.
- Assists Dept. Manager & Lead Technician in education employees and monitoring their competency.
- Fosters communication & good service by passing appropriate information to next shift and by informing Dept. Manager and/or Lead Technician of problems or issues in a timely manner.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Central Processing/Central Sterile/Sterile Processing Certification (CBSPD, CRCST, IAHCSMM)
- 1-2+ years of Experience
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English